Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reflection..

Wells, today has been a disappointing day..
I was completely looking forward to Leo's nightsout today..
Woke up at 1+pm in the afternoon after Voices chalet ytd..
This entry, i shall talk about modules that i'm looking at for sem2..


Was bz bidding on CORS this entire afternoon,
pondering on whether which mods are of my interest..
I realise, for the previous semester, I've taken up some mods
because at least some or 1 of my friends were taking it even tho I've no interest in them..
For example, Govt and Pol in Sg and South Asia..
End up I never regret taking them cuz
I scored the best for the former and could bond better with about 80% of Tyrants
thanks to the latter, cuz we were all successfully brainwashed by David, our OGL to take it tgt..
I totally flopped the latter module..
But no pain no gain..
So I've decided to choose modules I've more interest in for the next semester..

I've scored a C+ for Psych this semester,
super duper upset about it, cuz I studied relatively hard for this mod especially,
and the reason is damn clear cuz I wanna major in it..
I'm thus doing the placement test(department test)
in order to qualify myself to major in it..x((
I'll really work very hard next semester..PROMISE..

So, for this coming sem,
I've bidded for a Math module, Living with Mathematics..
I can see that it sounds damn tough,
but i've interest in maths since young and i will work really hard for it,
since i'm required to return back to school twice per week for this mod..
If anyone has taken this b4, please let me know whether it's manageable!Thx!
Other modules that I plan to take are 2 psych modules: Abnormal Psych and Stats 1;
1 Freshman seminar mod: Love Actually - Social construction of Romantic Love(HOW COOL RIGHT!!);
and one preallocated soci mod: Gender studies..
Oh yea, for your info, I've declared soci as my major and psych as minor temporarily
and ofkox i'm gonna swap it around after the placement test..
I REALLY NEED TO MAJOR IN PSYCHOLOGY!!!
ziwei!jiayou......you really can do it!

After some analysis on my side,
I NEED to reflect upon why i did so badly for my first semester modules..

1. I was bz with tuition and earning money to support my daily and leisure expenses..
2. I online-shopped too much.
3. I AM too distracted by the damn internet.
4. I blogged too much.
5. I didn't have a proper homely study place to do my revision and preparation.
6. I started clubbing.
7. I underestimated university modules and examinations.
8. I overestimated myself and didn't put in the effort/take the initiative to approach tutors for help.
9. I fell sick too much last year.

So far so much problems I encountered that slackened me and pulled my grades down..


Time for me to look at my commitments next semester.

a. Leonard and family
b. 5 + 1 modules (extra mod to study for again: Psych)
c. Voices Emerge concert (March!!)
d. Tuitions: 10hours per week (considering travelling time)
e. Exercising: at least 5 hours per week

Wow, after listing it out, I'm beginning to feel scared for my Sem 2 studies..

Weekends will be my rest time from all miscellaneous activities but Leo and studies..
Baby, I really need your help and motivation to remind me not to waste precious time on weekends..

Sem 2 will be filled with non-morning lessons,
so that i won't give any excuse of oversleeping because that's one strong temptation to pon class..x(
I promise to go home everyday after school and not hang out much meaninglessly
except for necessary meals and productive group mugging..
I believe all my uni friends don't wanna spend much time playing at the expense of studying too..
I'll email tutors or book them for consultations more often this coming semester
and study wisely so i don't waste time!
I'll stop blogging like this and force more self-discipline into me!Fuck laziness!

Anw, for my tuition job,
I'm gonna continue tuition with Anna and Kent, my Jap Chinese students..
Tuition with new student, Chenghang, ex-colleague's son..
Lastly, my first ever history and social studies tuition with Sec4 N level student..

I need a damn chio and good organiser to plan all my commitments well..
or a free of charge personal assistant will do too..x)..Fat hope uh..

Okk i'm gonna kun now..


2 comments:

Wenqi said...

ZIWEI!!!! You declared soci as major and psych as minor?!?!?! :O:O:O

Omg. I'm quite shocked! Izzit a good strategy?? Hahaha! Shit man... coz i didnt do psych stats, then i couldnt declare psych major. So i didnt declare any!!

And anyway wtf this sem's psych mods bankrupted me. I got psych stats and social psych... And taking a gem Taming Chaos. I ONLY GOT 3 MODS. Waiting for tmr to continue bidding... Haii damn screwed up.

Let's meet up soon to talk! :S

ziwei<3leo said...

Omg, are you serious?The later you bid, the more likely the mods get more expensive!

I got gender studies for 1 point, i assume it's quite a strategy, considering that i wanted soci as minor and psych as major..Anw, Taming Chaos sounds cool..Haha!Nvr thought it can be a module!

I got all the other xiong psych mods, abit scared but will fight hard..Yupps!Meet up soon when i recover from this eff-ed up flu..zzz..

Good luck girl!