Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flashflood @ Orchard

I will not post pics cuz pics are largely on my twitter.
Get a twitter account man, esp if you've got data plan for your phone. :)
I love tweeting with my BB! <3

This very morning as i was on 502, the expensive express bus, to work,
i had already noticed and tweeted about the dark menacing clouds hovering at Clementi.
Yet, it didn't occur to me that that hugeass piece of cloud
had such power to flood the central area of Singapore.
It was incredible and unbelievable when i got hold of those pictures of flashflood.

I considered myself lucky to have just bypass the clouds and
seemingly harmless drizzle at 8+am.
If i had woken up just a little later, I might have caught sight of the most spectacular scene in Sg.
Large opportunity cost to be late for work after a long weekend for me man.

Is the flood a sign from God?
This relatively tiny flood (as compared to very destructive tsunami) reminded me of
a Christian story of Noah.
I observe that Mediacorps, environmentalists, retail shops and even NUS canteen vendors are
encouraging Sg'eans to go green by using less plastic bags, save electricity and so on.
Even Leo's mummy has been more strict about saving electricity,
noting the worse state our country/earth is coming to.

I think this is serious case.
I shall start doing my part in saving our Earth.

I'm blogging very sleepily, so NIGHTY!

No comments: