Monday, May 31, 2010

Semester 2

All my NUS friends were fussing about slow system of myIsis results release this morning.
Either that or some other students received their results at freaking 7+am this morning.
Oh wells, I was in fact not so particular about knowing my results,
because I was already prepared for the worst.

In fact, while all of us were in the midst of examinations,
my heart had kind of given up.

Not because i haven't tried my best,
but i realised that i haven't grasp the skills of managing even the assignments well,
it would be impossible to witness any miracle of my results shooting up to A
from my pathetic B-s and Cs.

Moreover, during my finals exam for certain modules,
like health psych, abnormal psych and math,
i've alrd predicted tt i'll screw these results.
I hadn't got time to totally get these knowledge and concepts on my finger tips.
The papers were difficult too.

I promise i've studied hard, but not hard enough.
I kept up with all the readings as punctually as possible.
I completed my assignments much earlier before deadlines.

At least this semester i learn independently about studying hard.
Next semester i shall learn about studying smart, but not independently.
I will get help from my tutors for real, not just writing down on my blog for show.
I'll study critically with my fellow friends.

Other factors that affected my results are:

1. my inability to juggle Emerge and studies well;
2. the running out of drive to study nearing start of finals exam.
3. focus on certain modules at the expense of others

I realise that next semester, i can't allocate as much time to CCA already.
Due to my lack of talent in both singing and academic studies,
I need to forego my non-academic interests and passion,
including the intention of joining NUS basketball next sem, for my CAP for year 2.

I'm glad some of my friends improved tremendously and
I'll join them, especially Justin, to study in the school library every single day.
I'll really really turn to tutors for help to review past year questions,
which i'll print and attempt when i'm free. If i'm not free, I'll find free time. Heh.

Lastly,
no matter what, i still believe that hard work counts.
So, i will keep up my hard work and learn to study smart
and maximise my time as much as possible next semester.
Time is really really important.

As for the short term now,
I've got a placement exam for PL1101E on 14th June.
I'm not even half way through all the damn chapters.
I'll hereby stop wasting time now.

Bye.

No comments: