Saturday, January 1, 2011

Relooking at 2010 new year resolutions

I was editting my blog template and changing some childish words.
Ofkox this is the best time and day to relook at my new year resolution.

Hard for me to accept that 2010 has come to an end.
Why, because i feel as though I haven't achieved any of my biggest wish from 2010.
Spent so much unnecessary money on shopping and overseas trips.
Given my background and income, I shouldn't be doing this.
Really, it's fun at the expense of being successful for my case.
Having fun from splurging on unnecessary pleasurable activities,
hence leading me to be so unsuccessful in saving to 5digits in my bank account. :(

Yet, i tend to forget that there're many other things that i've achieved/kept to my 2010 resolution list.
Having goals are really important, so is having a new year resolution list in your diary/blog.

Let's relook at my 2010 new year resolutions:

STUDIES
1. Be punctualfor all lectures and tutorials for Semester 1 of Year 2
    > 8 out of 10 times still late
2. Hand in all assignments on time
3. Read up and prepare work for every tutorial. 4. Revise studies after lectures every night.
     > No time la. Tuition and family commitments
5. Go home after school everyday.
     > Almost any day I'm dismissed early, tired of school work
*STUDY SMART! STUDYING HARD IS NOT ENOUGH!!
     > What is study smart? Someone enlighten me? I'll be grateful much!

FAMILY
6. Complete at least 1 exercise from assessment book of any subject per day for Jiajun.
     > Failed terribly as a sister, but put in effort to teach him nearing his exams
7. Love and care more for my parents, siblings and grandmother.
     > I buy gifts for them every overseas trip i go. I try my best to spend time with my siblings and talk to
        them... I know i can do better.

FITNESS
8. Gym/run at least twice a week. Be more confident in bikini by mid-2010.
     > Inconsistent. But ran 2-3 times 1.5hour journey with Huishian my exercising buddy
*Lose as much fats as possible*
     > HA!

FINANCIAL
9. Not to cancel any tuition session unless absolutely necessary.
     > My tutees have improved tremendously from their pre-tuition performance
10. Shop and spend at a budget of 30 bucks only once per month at most.
     > Fail la. Keep spending. :(
Repay ALL MY DEBTS!
11. Spend less on junk food and more on healthy fruits and food.
     > Not too sure if i did. I rmb not eating most of the time.
Save enough money to go overseas in mid-2010 and learn driving by 2011.
     > I aim to learn driving by the time Leo enters uni.

LOVE
12. Encourage Leo to exercise more and be more filial to his mummy.
     > Can't change someone's character so easily when I'm not an exercise freak.
13. Spend more time on meaningful and new activities with Leo.
14. Be less stubborn and more understanding.
     > No improvement i think. But can't be helped. Oops.


PERSONAL
15. Blog at most thrice a week.
16. Make more time for family, friends and gatherings.

17. Get a pair of new hamsters by 26 Apr 2010, with a bigger and chioer cage.18. Learn how to swim freestyle
     > Not good at all. Lazy to practise.
19. Buy a new pair of running shoes and more workout attires.
20.Save up at least $50 per month.
21. Take better care of my body and health.
     > Keep falling sick!
22. Refrain from using phone in the middle of lectures and tutorials. HAHAHA
23. Sleep before 12pm everyday and wake up at 8.30am every morning! LOLOL
Those striked out are things i've achieved. 11 outta 23 not too bad right?
Half of all. Some of the rest are subjective, in some cases, i tried to achieve,
but don't feel satisfied enough.

OMG I'm now too tired to renew my new year resolutions. Ok tonight or tmr ok. :)

No comments: